So I know it's been 3 years since I've posted anything on this blog. To be honest I didn't think I would every get on here again. I love the idea of blogging about life but since facebook came along it seems like most people (my daughters who got me into this in the first place) have quit. Actually I have quit facebook also.
But, we are back at it!!!
Why?
Our mission !!!!!
We got our call and decided this was a good way to document our mission.
We are going to Jamaica (Hooray!) We can say that now because we are getting really excited. We leave the end of August and trying to get everything done before we go. We never knew there were so many things to do after the call came. Everyone told us there was so much to do before you could send in your papers ( and there was alot). We had to make several trips to the doctor for shots. Actually we need a few more now that we know where we are going. Other than that filling out the papers was pretty easy.
Now we have to shop and collect everything we are taking with us. Carl has to get shoes (no cowboy boots allowed) He says he is going to polish every pair of boots he owns before he leaves them in the closet for a year. I have to try to condense my clothing into 8 outfits that I will wear everyday for a year.
Mikasa took me shopping today and I got a start. It was a good thing she was with me cause she made me buy more than I would have without her. That was a good thing. I kept saying maybe i'll just get this thing and she kept saying NO get them all. So I did!! It was quite fun.
Stay tuned-----more to come!
1 comment:
Cool, can't wait to see all your exciting adventures. WE <3 U Tons!
The Smith Clan
Post a Comment