Monday, October 27, 2008

We Survived!!

Several weeks ago someone came up with the idea that we should run/walk a 5K for Breast Cancer. I don't know exactly who it was, but if I ever remember I'll be out to get them. Mikasa wanted to participate, but being pregnant, she couldn't run. She decided to walk and decided that I could walk with her. I got online to sign us up and I had the choice to either pick the 1 mile or the 5K. I don't know what made me do it but of course I signed us up for the 5K. The minute I hit the register button I felt sick. Every day after that I thought, What was I Thinking. I can barely walk one mile. I got so nervous that I made Naticia walk with me. We walked to the FedEx box over by our house to mail something Naticia had. As we got home, I thought ok I made it, but now how far is it? Naticia drove it on her way home and thank goodness it was exactly 2 miles! Hooray, might make it. The day of the race, I was so nervous I was sick. We had to park about a mile away from the Civic center and I thought that by the time I walked over to the event I would be tired out. We got there and met our team leader, Sarah Thomas. We all took off right about one minute after the gun because we were still in the building. Some ran and some walked, well at least Mikasa and I did. Everyone finished, with me being last, but hey I finished. Me, Naticia, Vanessa, Danette, Mikasa and Shayla all did it! I am so proud of us for doing it. Maybe next year I will actually run it, but don't hold your breath!!!

4 comments:

shaylaglover said...

haha we all have such red faces!!!

Naticia said...

Ok I'm gonna remember next year that you are running it and hold you to it.

Mikasa said...

Hey I want a copy of that picture. If I remember correctly, which maybe I don't because I have no brain these days, but i think I was the only big fat prego in the race. I need to document that.

shaylaglover said...

Kasa...you were definately not the only fat one...that dang like 300lb guy was the only reason I ran like the last half mile because he went running past me and i was thinking you gotta be kidding me...this guy is in better shape than me. but you were definately the only preggo i saw